How to become an Accredited Employer?
Are you struggling to recruit skilled workers and develop your business with the local work force? Are you unable to find New Zealanders to fill the roles? You are at a point where you have identified the need to rely on overseas talents to take your company to the next level, or simply to keep it running.
We can help you become an Accredited Employer by Immigration New Zealand.
A comprehensive application must be prepared and lodged with Immigration New Zealand that presents a case on a wide range of topics. The evidence to be provided and the threshold for each section to address will depend on the type of accreditation you are seeking. Our expert consultants will determine the level required, work through evidence provided and ensure the INZ thresholds can be met for the applicable category.
The aim by Immigration New Zealand is to ensure temporary migrant workers are only recruited for genuine shortages whilst also endeavouring to ensure employers can still access the skills and labour they need.
What are the requirements to be an Accredited Employer?
In order to grant Accreditation, Immigration New Zealand must be satisfied that an employer:
A sound financial position to determine if the employment is sustainable; and
- Proving sustainability of current and future staff who you are seeking to employ
- Evidence of good financial position
- Trading history and business record
Human resource policies and recruitment processes which are of a high standard
- Recruitment practices
- Employment agreements and job descriptions compliant with NZ employment law
- Health and safety
- Employee well being
- Training and Career progression
- Demonstrable commitment to training and employing New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders (to ensure they are engaged in training and up-skilling New Zealanders and that they make up a significant part of their workforce)
Good workplace practices, including a history of compliance with all immigration and employment New Zealand laws
- Fair, equitable and safe workplace
- Historical and current compliance with immigration and employment law
How long is my accreditation valid for?
Once granted, your initial accreditation is valid for 12 months. Accreditation renewals are granted for 24 months (12 months for franchises and labour-hire companies).
Once you are an accredited employer you can then support a migrant worker for an Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) application.
What about subsidiary companies?
Subsidiary companies cannot be covered by the accreditation of a parent company. To be accredited, a subsidiary company must apply in their own right.
Don’t wait, contact us now for more information and get the right staff for the job.