Specific Purpose Visa
If you are coming to New Zealand for a specific purpose or event, you may apply for a work visa under Specific Purpose instructions.
What is ‘specific purpose’?
You may be:
- a senior specialist on a short-term secondment
- transferred to New Zealand by a multinational company
- a business visitor (helping out new franchisees for example)
- investigating investment opportunities
- an installer for specific machinery
- a sports player, coach, or referee
- another situation, assessed on a case-to-case basis
There are specific cases where alternative visa options are more suitable. Talk to us now to discuss what visa you require to legally be able to work in New Zealand.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
Because this visa is meant for you to complete a specific task, the duration, will usually be linked to the completion of this task. Typically, visas get granted from 3 to 12 months, with sometimes 3-year visas being granted to multinational employees.
Can I bring my family?
You cannot include your family in your Specific Purpose visa application. However, they may apply separately based on their relationship to you.