Take our assessment!

We need to get certain information in order to confirm your visa eligibility

Get in touch with our team!

Send us an email or call us on +64 7 929 2280

International Student Work Rights

You can work part-time for up to 20 hours per week if your full-time programme of study meet certain requirements. The most common are:

  • Studying for at least two years between level 4-6 course or one year course of level 7 or higher
  • The study leads to a NZ qualification that gains points for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.
  • Studying an English language course that meets conditions approved by Immigration New Zealand.

You may work full-time during all vacations during study of at least one academic year.

You can work full-time over the Christmas and New Year holiday period if studying for at least eight months course that has minimum of two semesters.

If you are enrolled in Masters by research or doctoral degree programmes awarded by a New Zealand tertiary institution, there are no restrictions on the hours you can work while studying. There are unlimited work rights for PhD and Masters research students.