New Zealand Skilled Migrant Visa
A preferred pathway to residence through work
This highly popular visa under the ‘Skilled Migrant Category’ leads to the grant of a New Zealand resident visa to candidates who have skills that are needed in New Zealand, that are able to make use or transfer these skills, and that will successfully settle and contribute to the country.
Sourcing global talents to work in New Zealand
Through this category, Immigration New Zealand is looking to give ‘global talents’ local opportunities.
This two-step process starts with the submission of an Expression Of Interest, in the form of a very long questionnaire aimed at assessing your suitability to meet the requirements. Your personal Adviser will guide you through each step in the process and ensure you not only meet the requirements but can also prove your claims with acceptable supporting information.
How do I get a Skilled Migrant Visa?
It’s a points-based systems whereby points are claimed under various criteria such as age, qualifications, work experience, or a job offer in New Zealand. A candidate will see their Expression Of Interest accepted and be Invited To Apply (ITA) for residence if they meet at least 160 points and if they satisfy mandatory health and character requirements. The number of points does not matter as long as you can secure 160.
Do I need a Licensed Immigration Adviser to help?
Because attaining the set level of points is dependent on so many factors, it is essential to have your eligibility assessed by a licensed immigration advisor to avoid costly disappointment. Once you know that you are eligible the application is a two part process with the initial step being an online Expression of Interest (EOI) submitted to immigration. If your EOI is selected by immigration then you will be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand.
Our Skilled Migrant Service includes
- Your personal adviser will manage everything required for the entire process, taking all the stress off your shoulders.
- We will help you find a job in New Zealand
- We will apply for a visa on your behalf. Any temporary visa applications that may be required (such as work visas to allow you to start work while your Skilled Migrant application is being processed) are included in our price!
- Job search support.
- Advice on CV writing/modifying for the unique New Zealand market.
- Settlement advice and support – we know what life is like in NZ.
- Invaluable ‘insiders’ knowledge – Our principal adviser was previously a Case Officer for Immigration New Zealand!
- We are based in New Zealand, so can deal with local employers on your behalf – a huge advantage over off-shore immigration consultants.