Check your student visa eligibility
Problem with this form? Email us directly your enquiry.
STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
Studying in New Zealand at a University or Tertiary Institution is a great way to migrate to New Zealand and obtain an internationally recognised qualification. Depending on the course of study, you can also work while you are studying, and potentially be granted an open work visa at conclusion of your studies so you can then actively seek full time work in New Zealand.
There are many different pathways on which courses to study and the New Zealand visas available to you and your family. At New Zealand Shores, we will ensure you are advised of the best pathway for you and your family to meet your long-term goals. We offer a complete end-to-end service for Students, from selection of an appropriate course, offer of place through to approval of your Student Visa and your family visas.
We are trusted authorised agents for some leading New Zealand Tertiary Institutes. Our staff are also licensed immigration advisers, so we know what it takes to have your Student Visa application approved by Immigration New Zealand. Contact us now to discuss your International Study options in New Zealand and the Student Visa options available to you.
Working in New Zealand after studying
There are options available if you wish to stay in New Zealand and work after you have finished your studies and work. International students who have achieved a New Zealand qualification may be allowed to gain experience in work related to their studies. Depending on what you study, you may be able to work in New Zealand for up to four years, and possibly even gain residence.
We can manage this visa process for you to ensure best chance of success. The study to work pathway has two steps:
- Post-study work visa (open): This visa gives you up to 12 months to get a job in a field related to your studies. While you are looking for a job in your field you are allowed to work in any job to support yourself.
- Post-study work visa (employer assisted) This visa lets you stay in New Zealand to gain work experience for a further two years (or three years if work experience is required as part of a professional registration). This visa relates to a specific job with a specific employer.
During your post-study work visa (employer assisted) you may qualify for a New Zealand resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category. If your work is in an occupation that has skill shortages, this improves your chances of being allowed to stay, either with work visas or residence.
We can speak your language
Our Licensed Immigration Adviser – Anurag Dhiman has a wealth of experience in managing Student visa applications through to approval. He can fluently communicate in English, Hindi and Punjabi languages and can provide a personalized service to you and your family. Our Customer Relationship Manager in India, Ram Merani, is a seasoned professional having rich experience in Career & Education Counselling.
Assistance we provide
- Communication via phone, email or Skype
- We propose the right courses for you, aligned to your background
- We highlight potential issues with your application and provide advice on the best way to achieve a successful visa outcome
- We facilitate the entire process from course enrolment to visa application lodgement
- We provide tips and advice on interviews with Immigration New Zealand
- We can manage your family temporary visas (for your partner and dependent children)
- We can support you during your settlement into New Zealand
- We work with only reputable tertiary education providers, colleges, and universities in New Zealand
Contact us now for any questions or to get your profile assessed.