Are you looking for a change?
Our partner Longveld is a multi-award winning expert in custom metal fabrication and is large manufacturer of primary food processing machinery. They are looking for sheetmetal fabricators with experience in stainless steel. The job would qualify for a work visa and possibly a residence class visa in New Zealand.
- provide input into Gantt charts where required.
- interpret and break down all levels of drawings.
- fabricate items from metal including vessels and tanks, pipe runs, ducting, square to rounds, transitions and lobster back ends.
- use the full range of workshop machinery including brake press, guillotine, plate rollers, sectional rollers, and lifting equipment.
- carry out welding and dual welding.
- understand and carry out polishing procedures if required.
- carry out confined space work.
- operate cranes & forklift.
- carry out quality processes and checks.
- assess and plan work according to timeframes.
- complete job and stock control paperwork and processes for jobs.
- keep rework and waste to a minimum.
- ensure personal tools are maintained and kept in good working order
Desired skills and experience
- Trade Certificate in Light Fabrication and at least 3 years’ experience in stainless steel fabrication, preferably in the dairy industry
- TIG welding experience, including sanitary welds with back purge
- confined space training
- able to manage others’ work or train others.
- able to work productively, accurately and independently
- able to learn new things quickly, has cross functional skills, uses initiative for problem solving