Are you looking for a change?
Our partner Longveld is a multi-award winning expert in custom metal fabrication and is a large manufacturer of primary food processing machinery. They are looking for a Maintenance Engineer/Fitter-Turner to work with a great company in an upmarket plant in North Shore, Auckland. The job would qualify for a work visa and possibly a residence class visa in New Zealand.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a full time Industrial Maintenance Engineer at the company's Auckland site. The Maintenance Engineer supports the business in maintaining the manufacturing environment in a safe manner in order to meet daily production needs.
Working closely with the various departments, the key objective of this role is to ensure the maintenance of site plant and equipment is at quality standard via Planned & Breakdown Maintenance, enabling maximum production levels to be sustained in a high speed and dynamic environment.
- Trade Qualification required
- Experience in Food Manufacturing and GMP environment absolutely essential (applicants without this will not be considered)
- Great salary
- Many benefits
- Ensuring the facility and equipment is maintained in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to fulfil daily production requirements and ensure product safety, quality and legality is not compromised
- Ensure comprehensive and complete engineering records are maintained including preventative maintenance schedules, machine history, purchase orders and equipment manuals
- Conducts preventative maintenance tasks to include lubrication, inspections, component replacement etc to minimise production downtime.
- The successful applicant will have previous experience working within a team of maintenance operators to achieve set maintenance targets in a manufacturing environment that includes fostering safety in your team as a priority.
- The role is predominantly mechanical trade background however electrical experience would be highly regarded
- Ideally a Trade/Advanced Trade Certificate or Bachelor's degree with a specialty in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;5-7 years related work experience within an FMCG/manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of welding, electricity, refrigeration, pneumatics, steam and gear reducers would be advantageous. PLC troubleshooting and programming skills would be a distinct advantage;
- Proven experience in analytical problem solving, and communication skills;
- Well developed customer focus and the ability to speak effectively, interact persuasively in positive or negative situations; listening and getting clarification;
- Strong leadership skills, Strong, independent thinking and planning abilities
- Competency in Microsoft office and electronic preventive maintenance programs;
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Flexibility with work schedules