New Zealand temporary border closures and exceptions
INZ has clarified the exceptions that will qualify to enter New Zealand during the temporary travel ban:
- Essential health workers, as confirmed by the Ministry of Health
- Other essential workers, as confirmed by the New Zealand Government
- Citizens of Samoa and Tonga making essential travel to New Zealand
- People coming to New Zealand for humanitarian reasons
- Partners, dependent children and legal guardians of, and who are traveling with:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent resident visa holders
- New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa was granted in New Zealand
- New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa holder is arriving in New Zealand for a second or subsequent time where they are travelling with that New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder
- Visitor, student and work visa holders who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand and who are the partner or dependent child of a temporary student or work visa holder who is in New Zealand.
If you think you qualify as an Essential worker, or as close family of a person residing in New Zealand, please get in touch with us about getting the correct visa.